As discussed in the last post "8 Obstacles that prevent maximizing your Personal Productivity" we defined "Personal Productivity" as completing the actions that move you closer to accomplishing your goals in a manner that brings balance and ease into your life.
Personal productivity are actions we take that gets us closer to our dreams bringing balance into our higher self. It is a conscious effort, about:
Self-Awareness: Knowing what are our good habits, bad habits and empowering habits
Self-Management: Is about perspective (focusing on the right things) and control(the ability to effectively manage things coming at us)
In order to properly understand the strategies listed here to maximize the personal productivity as always let us look at the "WHY" we are not productive:
These are some of the reasons:
Distraction/ Lack of focus: Distractions and interruptions surround us (Social Media, emails, TV) invading causing our mental space, loss of focus- Antidote: Applying DISCIPLINE
Avoidance: Avoiding facing painful truths, people, emotions, and difficulties. It is a short term strategy to avoid discomfort and great term strategy to guarantee sadness, despair, grief, sorrow, and suffering. Antidote: Take action no matter how small, one step at a time
Multi-Tasking/ Time Management: Focus is fragmented, and parallel. It takes an average of 10 to 15 minutes to recover and refocus from distractions and we get distracted about 200 times a day in average, you can do the math. Time Management skills will be of great service here especially if we apply the Urgent/ Important matrix
Quick Fixes& results/ Entertainment Effects/ Short cuts: We are in an era where we expect immediate results/ instant gratification" We take a pill to loose five pounds, we take an energy drink to feel energized and ready to go just to crash in few hours, we get Botox injections to get rid of the wrinkles, we have apps for everything, we are being sensationalized by the news so we look for quick fixes and short cuts that masks symptoms, confusing short term results and long term results which are usually at odds
Excuses/ Fears/ lack of Self-Mastery: Finding all the excuses, blame everyone, looking for solutions in the wrong places. Fears: Fear of loss, of process, of outcome. Lack of self-mastery can be a factor (Lack of Confidence, Motivation, Knowledge, self-management)
Lack of energy: Do not wait for energy to come to you. We do not get energy we generate energy (Brendon Burchard). Without it, we can’t think clearly, nothing gets done, and nothing works. The continuous interruptions can get us feeling tired or worn out creating personal energy crisis
Sustaining changes depends on our mental state and how you think (Philosophies) and how you behave to make it a habit or (Routines). Philosophies (Clarity, Focus, Alignment, Slow down, Commitment & Courage
Here are the 5 strategies I want to share with you today to maximize your personal productivity
1. Clarity: We need to be very clear on Who we want to be, how we want to show up, and be crystal clear on what we want to experience and accomplish in life achieving what matters to us, and things that bring us joy and purpose in yur life. In short how to be highly productive.
Explore what stands between us and achieving our dreams, fears? Limiting beliefs? Clarity impacts our focus, ability to set goals. Boundaries, and discipline.
2. Focus: Focus on improving self-mastery as self-knowledge, development to move ahead, what makes us more productive, no matter how difficult it is? Focusing meaning living in the moment not in the past, do not multi-task, eliminate time robbers and energy vampires, create boundaries protecting our time to attain the best productivity. No Fears or limiting beliefs
3. Alignment: Look at the journey not the destination, being our higher self, & improving our-self to reach the next level, and live our full potential.
Dig to know who we are, how we see our life, our passion& purpose, what is the life style we want to have. Start thinking how to achieve it while aligning all that with our resources. Creating our “big picture” that gives meaning to everyday living.
4. Slow down to speed up: Take our time upfront, do our homework to do everything just once and not go back and forth, plan well before executing.
· Bring the joy to persevere in our journey of productivity.
· Learning is a life long journey that will never end,
· Keep a log in a journal about our productivity levels and success
5. Commitment: to maximize our productivity, & achieve our dream even before we figure out the plan; so we can stay flexible and adapt change. First step know WHY we want to maximize our productivity and will be willing to fight for it.
· Start with the end on mind
· Define what success looks like for us (it is an individual definition neither right or
wrong) then work it backwards.
· Have the courage to forge forward
If you have been using any other strategies or can add more reasons why we are not productive please share them so we can all learn from
Maximizing personal productivity is the essence of our success, is how we achieve our dreams and it is even more important if you are trying to un-stuck yourself and gain control of your life.
It also becomes crucial in every day of entrepreneurs, small business owners and start ups that sometimes do not think about it and find themselves not progressing losing motivation day after day. Do not box yourself in, there are ways and strategies to reinvent yourself to greatness!
You can hear my Podcast about the five (5) bullet proof strategies to maximizing your Personal Productivity
Connect with me on:
LinkedIN | YouTube | Twitter | G+ | Facebook |Pinterest
Sahar Andrade, MB.BCh
Diversity, Inclusion, and Leadership Consultant-
Transformation Coach - The Fear Whisperer
Sahar Consulting, LLC
Reinvent Yourself To Greatness (Product of Sahar Consulting, LLC)
I help Professional, career oriented women entrepreneurs and start-ups stuck in their lives, unemployed , individuals, indor in a job they hate, or in transition, struggling with figuring out what to do next, spinning their wheels in the same place; to show them how regain control of their lives, conquer their fears by moving out of their comfort zones that results in a journey of discovery to define their purpose & passion and become the person that achieves both happiness and success in their lives.